Monday, October 23, 2006

Why Oh Why?

Why is it so hard to be human? Man, it must be even more difficult to be God. To imagine that You, the Immortal One, to have to answer our many questions, and most of the time irrational ones, makes me salute You. It must be making You literally tear your hair out.

How do I say no? When can I say no? Why can't I make everyone happy? Why must there be people who will get upset with me? Why do I need to handle unhappy people? Why do I know demanding people? And why are people so different that it makes me want to give up trying?

Daddy, sometimes I feel like it is utterly impossible to be a good person. Your standards are perfection and I achieve none of that. In fact, I screw up more than I succeed. I do want to be whatever I want to be and do whatever I want to, but I am afraid of what people thinks of me. It is pretty dumb and ironic right?

I wish I don't have to live to make others happy. Is that really my purpose in life? To make everyone happy? Including myself? I wonder.

Most of the time I am dumb. I wish I am better. I wish I complain less. I wish I tried more. I wish I am smarter and wiser. I wish I have more. I wish I have someone, other than You alone, who understands. I wish... It is just an "I wish", nothing more than that huh?

not a great way to end a not so great day,
gracey

No comments: